Sunday, 11 June 2017

They dont live anywhere near us. But they want our vote. #DadDirt



You know that you are a Great British Dad when...
...people already know enough about you.



My Long-Suffering Wife (LSW) dumps all her stuff from her book club on the table. A book.

LSW
We were talking about the election candidates. One of them lives in Hackney.

ME
Hackney? 70 miles away?

LSW
And yet he's standing here. Or, probably sitting down after that far.

ME
We should take the time to write to him. Keep him up to date with the goings on about the town.

LSW
He wrote to us with all his gumpf.

ME
(LOOKING HIM UP ON THE PHONE)
On the upside, I guess he's nearer Parliament.

LSW
"Dear Mr Prospective MP who doesn't live anywhere near us". For that is his name. "We must apologise for taking such time to reply to your correspondence. If only the distance between us weren't so great."

ME
"What news from London? Are our needs being met?"

LSW
And did you see two doors down - the one we're voting for...

ME
I know - they've got a poster up.

LSW
How can you do that? It's so... in your face.
I don't want everyone knowing how I'm gonna vote.
Worse than telling someone your salary.

ME
Oh let's put that in the window.

LSW
"I EARN THIS MUCH"

ME
You'd get an idea of the state of the country.

LSW
Easier than having a flash car.


Previous post...
How I voted wrong for 4 years but it was probably right #DadDirt


A complete guide to my Dad Dirt is coming together here

All about me, and getting these by email.